Monday, January 19, 2009

First Day!

I am so nervous. Yesterday, in church, I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting. A few minutes before I was supposed to speak I started getting really fluttery in my stomach. It actually made me think of the scene in The Cutting Edge when Doug says he's nervous, but he should be fine about 10 minutes after getting onto the ice and Kate stares at him saying the program was only 2 minutes long. I didn't actually throw up though. Yeah.... It's a feeling I haven't had since being on stage in high school. Well.... one day later and it's fluttering again. Class doesn't start for another 10 1/2 hours! I have to wonder if I'm making this out to be more than it will be. Of course, the class isn't the only thing I'm nervous about. My dad, who will normally be watching the kids, is out of town until tomorrow afternoon so I've asked a friend to watch the kids. I'm not worried about Gabriel, but Valerie has a tendency to take it personally when I disappear and leave her with people she sort of knows. And it's going to be for 3 1/2 to 4 hours! I just hope she doesn't freak out too bad. She's been doing much better in Nursery on Sundays. And the friend who is watching them has a son in her Nursery class so maybe she'll think it's like Nursery.... One can hope.

2 comments:

  1. Has it gotten better. Anxiety is a smurf but if it's not chronic then it should only last as long as any stress. Lots of change will do that to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how'd it go? It's harder to get out the door for school when you have to get your kids to a sitter first, but it's better for me than trying to study with them.

    ReplyDelete