Monday, November 3, 2008

Painting the Bathroom

Today I discovered that lazyness has a way of making you do a LOT of work. Let me 'splain.

Halloween 2008:

My son, via inspiration from Max and Ruby, decided he wanted to be a vampire. We used his suit (complete with vest and tie), an old blue scarf tied around his shoulders as a cape, black temp hair spray from a costume last year, vampire teeth Dan got as a goody from work, and white and red face paints that I have had for a long time. Once the festivities were done I placed the face paints, hair spray, and fake blood (not used) on a shelf out of reach. This is where the lazyness comes in. Two days later (last night) I walked by the shelf and had the impression that I should put them away in my closet. I was in the middle of something and figured that the kids couldn't reach them. This didn't take into account a very resourceful and curious 3 1/2 year old with no qualms about moving his step-stool. This morning I awoke to find a purple child and a multi-colored bathroom.

After PaintingYou can't see the entire bathroom but know that the entire lip of the tub resembled the counter and the toilet and second step-stool got painted while my son tried to find a way to get comfortable upon cleaning commencement. I finally decided to wash him up so I could get the rest of the bathroom done and in the process used up the rest of the hot water in the house and got the inside of the tub almost as dirty as the lip. Three sponges and a couple hours later my son is almost normal colored and the bathroom is mostly clean (there was one spot that I don't dare scrub harder lest I lose paint and grout in the process). One of the nice things about this is it was a true test of the grease-cutting power of my Melaleuca heavy duty cleaner. I also didn't have to worry about ruining my hands (a little lotion and the slight dryness will be gone) since I hate wearing gloves when cleaning. Before you ask, no I didn't use the cleaner on Gabriel. That was purely the Koala Pals body wash.After Cleaning

You know... the more I think about it. It's all my husband's fault. Just the other day he was complaining that I hadn't cleaned the bathrooms recently. And we all know that Heavenly Father has strange ways of answering prayers. Yup! Definately Dan's fault ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment