Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun in the summer

We took pictures and I don't have them available to post yet, but we went as a family to the Albuquerque Zoo on Saturday. We'd been trying to go since Memorial Day. Our plans were foiled since on Memorial Day we got together as a family and bottled strawberry freezer jam. This was a lot of fun in my opinion, but it took longer than expected and we decided to postpone the zoo until that Saturday.

That Wednesday I exhibited a runny nose that eventually became a sore throat. Thursday morning Valerie and I were zombies from being up with her inability to breath. Saturday morning at 1 am I was awakened by Gabriel crying. He'd thrown up. Dan woke up later that morning with a sore throat. Ironically by that time my sore throat was gone, but had been replaced by a nasty sinus headache that included an ear ache and aching in my jaw. Needless to say, we didn't go to the Zoo. We didn't go to church that Sunday either.

We were feeling better by the next Wednesday, June 3, when we headed to the park for my book club meeting. We had fun letting the kids run around while we discussed The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I got home and put the kids down for a rest (they were quite tired) and found a message from a friend inviting us to go swimming. I called her back and we accepted the invitation to meet them after rest time. The kids were wiped out by bed time that night :).

So we made it to the zoo on Saturday. With the exception of a scary moment when Dan almost went over backwards in his wheelchair on a ramp, we all seemed to have a lot of fun. As I said, we have pictures and even video, but they're all on the other camera and I still haven't figured out the transferring of pictures off of that one. Dan's promised me a DVD-ROM of everything when he gets a chance so I'll get back to you on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment