Sunday, November 28, 2004

Gmyr update for Nov 28th, 2004

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday with their families and friends. Ours was pretty uneventful as we stayed home and cooked ourselves turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and corn. Dan was very happy because of all the dishes, only one of them he is technically allowed to eat on his diet. We also had some rolls that we had purchased a while ago and kept in the freezer (those ones that you can take out a few at a time and bake), but they had been in the freezer so long they worked better as bricks than bread.

The pregnancy continues. As this is all new to me I really am not sure what to expect, but I do know it looks more like Dan feeds me VERY well than that I am expecting a child. My pants and garments are rather tight around the middle, but I thank Heavenly Father that I've always loved big T-shirts, sweatshirts, and turtlenecks, because I'm pretty sure they will last the entire pregnancy. We've come up with some names we've liked, but we're still don't know the gender so it's more what sounds good rather than coming up with something definite (not that we don't have plenty of time to decide). It's nice that the "morning sickness" has abated somewhat. It's gotten to the point that I can pretty much ignore it in the morning and almost all day. As long as I have something in my stomach I'm usually okay.

I'm happy to hear from Jennifer and the good news from up north. I'm actually rather glad that we won't have twins at our house, but it sounds like an exciting adventure. It's good that you'll have help around the house with the other kids and Andy.

The only news we have at our house is our upcoming trip to Albuquerque right after Christmas. We'll more than likely be driving out on the 27th to avoid holiday and Sunday travel. We're not sure how long we'll stay, but we can't leave the cats along very long so it will more than likely only be 3-4 days. I'm looking forward to seeing family, and I think Dan's looking forward to not being chained to the phone for work (they still have him on call 9 out of 10 weekends).

Have we made any other suggestions or plans for a possible family reunion in 2005? It would be nice to know a little in advance since Dan will have to have about 3-4 months to request the time off and have it be approved. I would really enjoy seeing all of the family I don't get to see or hear from much. Steve and Beverly, this means you ;).

Dad, I'm excited to know that you and Lucynthia will be able to comeback soon, though I know it will be sad for you to leave your new friends. Keep us up to date on your information. I'm already hoping to come out and see Sandy at the end of January, and it would be nice if I could see you both as well.

Lots of love, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment