Sunday, May 2, 2004

5/2/04

It's been a long time since I've written. Some of you I've talked to since, and some of you I haven't. I'll try and keep this short so as not to bore you, but there have been some new developments that I would like to share.

The biggest news is of course Dan's health. The diarrhea is all but gone. Fiber suppliments have pretty much killed that issue. Still no word on the head problems, though the doctor did recommend he see a neurologist. He has an appointment set up in June (unless there is a cancellation). The news is the issue the doctor found while trying to determine any possible causes of the diarrhea and headaches. Some blood tests revealed that his triglycerides, which are considered normal below 150, were at ~660. The doctor gave us 4 options at that point. Dan could start a diet/exercise program (Atkins or South Beach being the diets suggested), type-2 diabetes, heart attack, or stroke. And that, dear family, is why we've decided to start the South Beach Diet.

This leads us to my big news. The other night, I ate fish and liked it. Yep. And the world is still turning. Nothing else big in my life. Still working, still participating in RS Home, Personal, and Family Enrichment, and still wishing it wasn't so darn hot here.

I wanted to thank Sheri and Sandy for their help in figuring out which diet would probably be best for us. Your advice is appreciated. Thank you also to Sheri for the drink recipe, it was a big hit. Thank you all for the emails we've received. It's nice learning what's going on out there.

Love to you all,

-Karen

PS. Congratulations to Emmy. We're sorry we couldn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment